The Ada Public Library was established on January 5, 1936. It was located in one room at the old City Hall. Three Years later, a new building was built. It was designed in Georgian Colonial style and is now the Ada Arts and Heritage Center, located at 14th and Rennie. In 1981, having outgrown the old library, the Ada Public Library moved to its current location at 12th and Rennie.