Criswell Funeral Home
Mr. J.U. Criswell came to Ada in 1915 and worked for W.T. Shelton in a furniture store/undertaking business. In 1918, J.U. and his wife purchased the business located at 207 E. Main St.
Criswell Funeral Home moved to a new building in 1928. The location was 111 E. 12th, this was one of this areas first buildings specifically designed for the funeral business and was air conditioned.
J.U. Criswell died in 1946 and his son J.H. Criswell took over the day to day operation of the funeral home. He managed the funeral home until 1970, when his son Thomas Criswell began managing the funeral home.
In 1978, after 50 years of service at the 12th street location, Criswell Funeral Home moved to the current location at 815 E. Arlington. This location was remodeled and expanded with an new addition in 1997.